Alamo Pipe Inc. (API) offers a wide range of field-proven protective coatings for pipe, fittings, risers, vessels and fabricated steel. Our coating material and workmanship meet or exceed industry standards as established by The American Petroleum Institute. We also provide a wide range of internal / external corrosion and abrasion protection in quantities from one to thousands with quick turnaround for short runs and emergency coating projects.
Fusion Bond Epoxy Coating (FBE)
- API offers Fusion-Bonded Epoxy (FBE) coatings that exceed all industry pipe coating standards. This protective coating is a one-part, heat curable, thermosetting epoxy powder designed for corrosion protection of pipe. FBE coated pipe is in service worldwide.
- API can provide additional protection to FBE coated pipe with the application of Abrasion Resistant Overcoating (ARO). This durable 2-Layer system is ideal for tough installations, such as directional drilling and exposed river crossings.
- API also offers a tough 3-layer protective coating that can be applied to risers and main line pipe ranging in diameters from 2” to 48”. These innovative systems begin with a layer of Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) to provide excellent adhesion to steel. This initial coating is followed by multi-layers of Polyethylene, which can then be built up to a wide range of thicknesses.
- TRIPLUS provides high mechanical resistance and protection throughout all stages of the coating lifecycle from handling and transportation to laying and in-service use.
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy is an ideal protective coating when gritty material, such as dirt, rocks and sand, is flowing through pipelines.
- Ideal for Valves and fittings, Line Pipe and Bends
- Standard service temperature resistance (up to 185°F)
- Service temperatures up to 250°F (121°C)
- High build (up to 50 mils in one coat)
- Excellent adhesion (compliments FBE coated pipe)
- High abrasion resistance for Drilling applications
- Safe and environmentally friendly
- Does not shield Cathodic Protection
- Sacrificial coating for directional drill and road bore pipe
- Induction Lines:
FBE, FBE + ARO: 2” – 74”
- 3 Layer Polyethylene: 2″-48″
FBE, FBE + ARO: 3/8″ – 1.5″
- Internal Coating Line:
FBE – SRL: 2″-6″ DRL: 8″- 54″
- Oven Line:
Internal FBE, External FBE, FBE+ARO, and 3LPE (fittings and spools)
- Liquid Epoxies:
Line Pipe and Fittings: 2″ – 54″
- Automated Pipe Coating
- Proprietary Induction Heating Units
- Gas Fired Ovens
- Pipe Rotating Stations
- Internal Pipe Blasting and Coating
- Powder Spray Booth
- Plural Component Liquid Spray Equipment 100HP Air Compressors and Drying Equipment Heavy Duty Forklifts
- 10 Ton Overhead Crane (our pipe handling equipment has a lift capacity up to 30,000 lbs.)